Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What This Blog Will Be About

This blog will be a place for me to keep a casual log of our days as a homeschool family. I would love to blog daily, but that seems like an unrealistic goal considering our schedule. Instead, I will strive to blog at least weekly, for now. If I manage to do more, good for me. If not, so be it. This blog will probably not be free of grammatical errors, as I have no intentions of spending a lot of time proofreading. I'll be feeling special if I simply find the time to write. The reader is welcome to proofread in their head as they read, if they wish.

This first blog will serve as an introduction to my family. I am a 34 year old mother of two sons: B,9 and D,8. My husband, Big B, and I have been married for 10 years. Besides being a wonderful husband and father, Big B is also a truck driver.

I began homeschooling B when he was 5 years old. It wasn't long before D began insisting that he be allowed to do the exact same work as his brother. This has proven to be a blessing as it makes things a whole lot easier for me.

I have decide to continue with school throughout the summer, taking days off as needed or desired. So far it has worked out pretty well. We've managed to get several school days in and still have plenty of time for fun.

Since the North Carolina Attendance Records that homeschoolers must use begin with July, today was our first day of school for the 2009-2010 school year. I am trying to keep things light throughout the summer, so today we read, did geography and played lots of educational games.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica-

    I have HH stinkbombs, HH tricks the tooth fairy, and HH and the Mega-
    Mean time Machine. Email me your mailing info. Thanks.

    Kyle

    ReplyDelete