Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Fun Weekend

On Friday, I took the boys over to a couple of their homeschool friends' house to play. They had a great time and didn't want to leave. As soon as we got home, they headed for the neighbors' house to play until almost dark. Then we played Simpsons Monopoly for several hours. Afterward, the boys and I watched Stand By Me.

Saturday morning, Big B and I took the boys to Michael's, where the boys decorated metal pencil boxes. Then we ran a few errands. Then the boys and I went to Weymouth Woods for a program on squirrels.

Sunday afternoon, Big B and I took the boys to a friend's birthday party at an ice skating rink. It was their first time on ice skates. B stepped onto the ice and took off without any hesitation. D hung to the wall at first, but once we convinced him to let go, he had no problems. They skated for about two hours and were not ready to leave when it was time for the rink to close. I'm almost certain that we will bo going back soon.
B is finally on the last of the Wiley and Grampa books, while D read the first Stone Rabbit book and started the second. Big B finished The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan and I started A Holiday for Murder by Agatha Christie.

No comments:

Post a Comment