Tuesday, July 14, 2009

School and Reading

It was a rainy morning, so we all slept in. We didn't get started with school until after lunch, but we still managed to get quite a bit done. We worked on spelling, math, geography, and typing. Geography is sort of our pet subject for the summer since I haven't worked it into our normal daily schedule for a couple of years. We touch on it in history, science and our reading, but don't address it as a separate subject. I thought that this summer would be a good chance to explore it in depth. That is why we are working with it almost every day.

In addition to school, the boys and I did quite a bit of reading today. Here is what we are all reading now.

D is taking a break from Star Wars right now and is reading Stranger in Right Field by Matt Christopher. So far, he is enjoying it.




B finished up the Melvin Beederman book that he was reading and started this one. It is the first in the Wiley and Grampa Creature Features series by Kirk Scroggs. There are ten of them so far, and I hope that there are many more to come. I have been trying to get the boys to read these for a couple of years. I was actually excited when B pulled it off of the shelf tonight. I can tell that he likes it, he is on chapter 4 and has already shared parts that he found funny with me.


I finished up the Ben Rehder book that I was reading and started this Donna Andrews book that I found in the library. Not to sound like a broken record, but it was the only one in this series that the library carries. That is why I find myself reading a Christmas themed book in July.


Throw in a little housework, some yard work, a little television, and a lot of Lego's and our day is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment